Quantity: 1000 available
NEW! NOW AVAILABLE
• How to teach writing and reading using the unique Steiner Waldorf principles and methods
• Draws on Waldorf pedagogy, best practice mainstream primary methods and specialist dyslexia techniques
• Gives teachers the theory to introduce literacy with confidence
• Off-the peg, tried and tested lesson plans, assessment & feedback tips, movement, games and activities
• Engages children’s imaginations and creativity for literacy with movement, gestures, sounds and letters
• Drawings, photos, diagrams and examples of children’s work
• Comprehensive glossary, appendices, resources, bibliography, index word lists, suggested stories
This is both a theoretical and practical book giving a complete pathway to teaching children how to write and read in Classes 1 and 2. This book provides teachers with appealing, easy-to-use plans and practical activities for immediate use. It also sets out fundamental principles of Steiner Waldorf pedagogy. It shows how this dovetails with the best of both mainstream primary approaches and specialist dyslexia-friendly methods. Teachers can use these principles to become confident in creating their own activities and resources.
The book showcases the holistic, creative aspects of the Steiner Waldorf literacy approach. The teaching of writing before reading is prioritised so as to engage children’s creativity in learning. Developing the child’s own voice through writing and storytelling, to lead over into reading, is highly effective for motivation and success.
Abi Allanson MA (Cantab.) Teacher and Consultant at Steiner Academy Frome, specialising in literacy, differentiation and teacher training, Abi was formerly a Learning Support and Class Teacher at the Rudolf Steiner School Kings Langley and St Paul’s Steiner School, London.
Nicky Teensma, SMT Lower School Lead and Class Teacher at Rudolf Steiner School Kings Langley, originally trained in Zeist and worked at the Johannes School in Tiel, Netherlands. A trained and qualified specialist dyslexia teacher, she taught a parallel SEN class (Tobias) at RSSKL for 5 years.
[When referring to this item please quote our ID 15158]
Title: Writing to Reading the Steiner Waldorf Way Foundations of creative literacy in Classes 1 and 2
Categories: Education and Parenting,
Publisher: Hawthorn Press:
ISBN Number: 1907359885
ISBN Number 13: 9781907359880
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 15158